Your hair is constantly thirsty and always in need of hydration. But if this hydration demand is not met, especially in summers, it becomes frizzy, lifeless and even looks like a bird's nest. Frizzy hair is actually an indication that your hair needs nourishment and moisturization.
So here are some common kitchen supplies that can help you tackle your frizzy hair:
1. Diet:Everything in our body depends upon what we eat and drink. So, for hair too, it is important to eat a nutritious diet and drink lots of water at regular intervals for hair hydration. Berries, nuts, seeds, spinach, avocadoes, etc. are especially good for your hair.
2. Hair massage:Yes, you read it right. Our age-old remedy for every hair problem is also a solution for frizzy hair. Massage your hair with lukewarm coconut oil, almond oil or vatajata oil to provide all the hydration and moisture it needs.
3. Honey in warm water:This combination is often considered best for weight loss but it's just as good for your frizzy hair too. Just mix 2 tbsp of honey with an equal amount of warm water and apply this to the ends of your shampooed wet hair. Leave it for 15 mins and then wash it off with normal water. You will have smooth cuticles with soft and shiny hair.
4. Banana mask:Banana is a fruit rich in vitamin C, magnesium and vitamin B5 - all the ingredients required for strong shiny and smooth hair. Banana hair masks deep condition the hair and hydrates it, taming the frizz in the process. It also reduces split ends and encourages hair growth. So, blend two ripe bananas, two spoonfuls of coconut oil, two tablespoons of honey and some curd together. Apply this mixture over your hair from scalp to ends. Leave it for 30 mins, then gently use massage oil for 5 minutes and finally rinse it with lukewarm water. Follow your usual shampoo and conditioner routine for frizz free hair.
5. Mayonnaise:Mix 1/4 cup of mayonnaise with 1/3 cup of almond oil to make a smooth paste. Apply a generous coat of this mixture over your hair from scalp to ends and leave it for 15 mins. Now steam your hair either with a hot towel or a direct steamer. Rinse it off using lukewarm water and follow your usual shampoo and conditioner routine.
Try any of these hydration techniques and you can finally say goodbye to frizz. You can also try out different techniques alternatively for more benefits.