Summers are finally upon us. Yay! But your skin doesn't feel as excited about it; you know, all the heat, humidity, sweat, and dust. While staying indoors, especially during the peak heat hours, is a good way to prevent your skin from the sun damage, it's not always an option. There will be times when you will have to step out and face the sun. In fact, excessive heat can cause various skin problems even if you stay indoors.
The major skin problems during summers include suntan, sunburn, skin infections (due to the accumulation of dirt and grime), skin irritation, extreme redness in the overexposed areas, heat rash, and acne. But don't worry, you can avoid all these problems and stay cool even in summers by following these Ayurvedic skin care remedies.
- Use rose water as a toner every day for a cool skin
- Apply a fine layer of aloe vera gel on exposed parts of the skin for its sunscreen and moisturizing benefits
- Massage full body with apricot oil 2-3 times a week for a soft and supple skin
- Use Multani Mitti or sandalwood powder to make a face mask with milk or honey for naturally glowing skin
- Scrubbing is very important to exfoliate your skin and remove dead cells. Mix cinnamon powder with honey and sugar and scrub your face every other day for a refreshing skin
- Drink at least 8 or more glasses of water every day and include coconut water also into your daily fluid intake
- Eat seasonal vegetables and fruits and avoid all kinds of junk and oily foods